Our Catholic Faith and our Schoolwide Learning Expectations encourage and challenge each of us to show compassion and empathy for others by serving the poor, the needy and the marginalized in our community. Therefore, all Saint James School students, in Grades K-8, participate in many service activities.
Community service projects have included:
- Canned Food Drive Kids Can
- Catholic Relief Services (to benefit Syrian refugees)
- Trick or Treat for UNICEF
- Pay for Pink (to support breast cancer awareness)
- A Different Kind of Paper Drive (support St. Vincent de Paul Society)
- Yolo County Food Bank
- STEAC-Adopt a Family for Christmas
In addition, students in Grades 6-8 have a service hour requirement which is part of their religion curriculum.
- All Sixth Grade students must complete 3 service hours each trimester.
- All Seventh Grade students must complete 7 service hours each trimester.
- All Eighth Grade students must complete 9 service hours each trimester.