Our Catholic Faith and our Schoolwide Learning Expectations encourage and challenge each of us to show compassion and empathy for others by serving the poor, the needy and the marginalized in our community. Therefore, all St. James School students, in Grades TK-8, participate in many service activities.
Community service projects have included:
- Canned Food Drive Kids Can
- Catholic Relief Services
- Pay for Pink (to support breast cancer awareness)
- A Different Kind of Paper Drive (support St. Vincent de Paul Society)
- Yolo County Food Bank
- STEAC for Christmas
- Davis Interfaith Rotating Shelter
- Newman Center
- CHiPS for Kids Toy Drive
- Mustard Seed School
- UC Davis Diaper Drive
- Sacramento Life Center
- Dollar for Denim Days supporting charities
In addition, students in Grades 6-8 have a service hour requirement which is part of their religion curriculum.
- All Sixth Grade students must complete 3 service hours each trimester.
- All Seventh Grade students must complete 6 service hours each trimester.
- All Eighth Grade students must complete 9 service hours each trimester.