New Student Admission and Registration Procedure
- Transitional Kindergarten Applicants must be at least four years old by September 1, 2020.
- Kindergarten Applicants must be at least five years old by September 1, 2020
Application for Admission
Complete the Application for Admission and bring it to the school office with copies of your child's:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Baptismal, Eucharist, Confirmation Certificate (if applicable)
- Most recent report card (if applying for Grades 1-8)
- Non-refundable $40 Processing Fee
Applicants will be scheduled for an assessment to ensure student readiness, appropriate grade level placement and that St. James School can meet the needs of the student. A parent and/or student interview with the Principal may be requested.
Applicants are accepted for admission in the following priority order:
- Siblings of currently enrolled families
- Families who are registered and active parishioners at St. James, St. Anthony or St. Peter parishes
- Catholic families registered at parishes not listed above
- Non-Catholic families
Official Enrollment as a SJS student
An applicant is officially enrolled as a St. James School student when the following items are submitted to the school office:
- completed Family Registration Agreement including the Tuition and Service Hour Consent.
- $300 per student non-refundable registration fee
St. James School in the Diocese of Sacramento, mindful of our primary mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at all schools. St. James School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in the administration of educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.